UNO Dual-Enrollment Information


UNO Dual Enrollment Registration

Registration begins: September 1st & 2nd, 2016
During your Fall DE classes
Registration ends: September 16, 2016

To register, you need: your UNO MavLink, legal name, address, phone #, email address, parent/guardian’s information, including a valid e-mail address in order to approve your application.

If you register for DE, you are financially responsible for the course. The cost is $250 per course. Once your parent/guardian approves your application, it will be sent to UNO and will be approved if you meet the minimum requirement of a 3.0 GPA.


UNO Dual Enrollment Grading

The grade you earn in the Burke course will transfer to your UNO transcript.

Dual Enrollment-Sign up: There will be class time provided in September during your dual enrolled courses to sign up for UNO dual enrollment.

You must have the following information in order to sign up online:

  • your personal information (address, phone number, etc.)
  • your email address
  • your parent/guardian(s) personal information (address, phone number, etc.)
  • an active email address for your parents
You will not pay the day you sign up. Once your registration is submitted, your parent/guardian will verify that they are allowing you to take the course/courses AND that the tuition will be paid on time. You should see a letter in your U.S. mail in October for the classes you sign up for in September.


Questions: email or


Dual Enrollment Scholarship Opportunities

If you are enrolling/enrolled in a dual enrolled course through UNO, Metro, or Nebraska Wesleyan University and you qualify for Free/Reduced lunch, please fill out an ACE application online. This scholarship is limited to covering two courses per semester and only available for a limited time.

If you have any questions, please contact your guidance counselor and/or Jane Luethge at 402-557-3269 or

For directions for applying for the ACE Scholarship for Dual Enrollment students, click here.


Questions About Dual Enrollment

Dual Enrollment (DE) is a partnership between the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) and the Omaha Public Schools (OPS). Students enrolled in approved courses have the opportunity to earn college credit while still at Burke High School.

Click here for information regarding UNO's policies and student responsibilities, important deadlines, grading and withdrawing from courses. 

Why is this important?

Besides costing less than ¼ of actual tuition and fees for the same course at UNO, Dual Enrollment provides the opportunity to earn college credit with a grade, while still in high school.

Why aren't all AP courses Dual-Enrolled?

There are 3 components involved in order for an Advanced Placement class to become Dual Enrolled. 
1) UNO Department interest
2) Approved Teacher Syllabus
3 Teacher approval as an Adjunct Professor (must have a Masters Degree in most departments).

What is the cost of the Dual Enrollment Program?

The cost is $250 per course. This is a flat fee and is the only cost for the course. It includes the AP test registration fee.

Who qualifies to participate in dual enrollment?

Any student who is participating in designated courses and has a cumulative high school GPA of a 3.0.

When is the deadline to enroll for dual enrollment?

The deadline is two weeks after the dual enrollment application is distributed to your class(es).

Do students have to go to the UNO campus?

NO. All Dual Enrollment courses are taught by high school staff at your high school as part of the Advanced Placement course. However, as a Dual Enrollment student, you will have access to the UNO library, with the ability to check out books and utilize far more ;resources than high school students generally have at UNO's library.

How will these credits appear on a UNO transcript?

Coursework completed through the Dual Enrollment program is posted in the same manner as other UNO collegiate coursework showing credit hours and grade earned.

Will Dual Enrolled classes be accepted by the college my high school student plans to attend?

Acceptance of Dual Enrollment credit is completely up to each college and university. When visiting colleges/universities, please ask how they handle Dual Enrollment credit. UNO is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Course credits are generally accepted by other member colleges and university and by those accredited by other regional accrediting agencies. Some colleges/universities have a general statement that states the university policy on transfer of credit on their website. Please visit the dual enrollment universities page.

How does one request a UNO transcript?

Submit a request via the www. using your assigned NU ID# (received in mail) and password that you set up when you enrollment in the dual enrollment program.   Requests submitted via the www. are done by logging into mavlink.

There are no fees for transcripts and a transcript request can be completed in one of four ways.

  • Complete an electronic request form in person at the Records & Registration Office (Eppley Administration Building Room 105)
  • Fax a request. FAX number: (402) 554-2011
  • Submit a written request via postal mail. Mail your request to: UNO Registrar, EAB 105, 6001 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68182-0286
  • The complete transcript request procedures are available at:

How does one request their NU ID # and/or NU ID if lost?

Please contact Kelly Malone at (402) 554-3832 for assistance.

Does the Dual Enrollment application count for regular admission to UNO?

NO. If a student plans to attend UNO after high school, a regular Application for Undergraduate Admission must be completed and the application fee must be paid. Undergraduate applications are available on our web page at In order to be considered for scholarships, a student must have the application submitted by February 1st.

University Policy for Dual Enrollment Course

It is the responsibility of each student to register for and drop or withdraw from Dual Enrollment Classes at the University of Nebraska at Omaha in accordance with stated University policies and timelines. If you do not attend classes, they will remain on your record and you will owe all fees for them. NO staff member at your high school will drop classes for you as they are not authorized to do so. You must make arrangements with UNO. NO exceptions to this will be made. Once a student registers for Dual Enrollment, no part of the Dual Enrollment fee will be refunded.

Expectations for Earning Dual Enrollment Credit

Students must earn a passing grade in the AP class and take the corresponding Advanced Placement (AP) Exam. UNO will pay the cost of the exam. Students must sign up for the AP exam through their high school.

Why would a student want to take the AP exam if they have already earned UNO credit?

If a student is not absolutely certain of their college of choice, the AP exam provides a safety net, since approximately 8% of institutions will not accept dual enrollment credit but will likely accept a high AP exam test score.

Will the courses I take through Dual Enrollment affect my GPA if I end up attending college at UNO?

YES. Since these are college level courses for which you are receiving credit, the grades will become a part of your cumulative GPA. If you receive a scholarship that has a minimum GPA requirement, Dual Enrollment courses WILL be included in that GPA calculation.

How do I drop my Dual Enrollment Course?

Any student who wishes to drop/withdraw from his/her Dual Enrollment course must check the timeline and notify the Dual Enrollment officer at the University of Nebraska at Omaha at (402) 554-3810 or send the requests via fax or U.S. mail. The course will be processed based on the dates appearing on the fax at (402) 554-4896 or U.S. mail post mark.Students are still obligated to pay the $250 fee even if the course is withdrawn.

For more information, please contact:
Kelly Malone
Dual Enrollment
6001 Dodge Street
Omaha, NE 68182
(402) 554-3832

Burke Contact:
Jane Luethge
(402) 557-3269